Boron III TH Microspey
Trout Have Met Their Two-Handed Match.
With their innovative Boron III TH-MS rods, they've added three light line (3, 4 and 5wt.) trout models to the Boron III TH Two Handed series. Combining the power of a Spey rod and the finesse of a trout rod, they add a new and exciting dimension to the sport. Featuring Boron III technology, these fast action rods excel in a range of Two-Handed situations, from covering big, broad rivers to dealing with tree-lined banks or demanding weather. They have a specialized grip that feels more trout rod than Spey, use slightly larger chrome guides than typical trout rods, and come with a larger tiptop that allows for the larger diameter of the spey style lines.
Winston filled a niche for a lighter weight spey rod that is designed as a spey rod and not as a switch rod taper. The Micro Spey has longer handles than a switch and the taper is designed as a scaled down spey rod. Winston hit the nail on the head with this series!
The 3wt is a great small river rod that is designed to swing soft hackles, we recommend using a 6wt single hand line with a Poly leader in different densities to reach various depths.
The 4wt is designed for medium sized rivers, and medium sized trout and smaller inland steelhead. This rod is amazing paired with a Skagit/Switch head that has a length of around 20' that can throw Tungsten tips (T-7). Also if you want to skate flies a Scandi Compact is ideal for late summer fishing when the water temperatures allow for the skated fly.
The 5wt is designed for larger rivers and larger trout and is perfect for summer run steelhead. It has been tested on the summer rivers like the Trinity, Klamath and Rogue and it more than handles the inland steelhead.
- Advanced Boron III technology, fast action
- Two-Handed rods designed for trout fishing
- Very lightweight, powerful — can generate very high line speeds
- The new standard in every category for Two-Handed performance
- Special Winston-designed Microspey Two-Handed grip
- Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, Montana
- Weights: 3, 4 and 5wt.
- Action: Fast
- Sections: 4
- GRIP: New Microspey two-handed grip
- Guides: TiCH finished stripper guide with nanoplasma ring. Special chrome snake guides
- Reel Seat: Anodized aluminum, downlocking
- Storage: Premium graphite rod tube with logo tech rod sock
RL WINSTON Boron III TH Microspey