THE VERY BEST FLATS LINE ON THE MARKET— perfect for bones, perms, and poons with low stretch performance
- Easy annealing, low-memory core that lays perfectly straight on the water
- Low-stretch “DirectCore” for hard, solid strip sets
- Mid length head & long rear taper for complete line control
- High floating running line that will not sink and impede the cast
Conquer the flats with RIO’s FLATS PRO tropical saltwater line. This line has a mid length head and long rear taper for smooth, effortless loops, and a weight distribution that provide perfect presentations of just about any fly you are likely to use. The no-memory, easy to straighten, low stretch “DirectCore” is effortless to stretch out, lies completely straight on the water and gives unprecedented hook sets, while reducing the fight time. In addition, the hard, tropical coating stops the line from wilting in the heat, and ensures the line shoots with exceptional ease.
There are four different density options available that ensures any angler fishing the flats is covered for all conditions and species. The options available are:
- F – A full floating line
- F/I StealthTip – A full floating line with a 6ft clear intermediate tip - essentially a floating line with a really short, clear tip for the ultimate in stealth.
- F/I – A floating line with a 15ft clear intermediate tip – perfect for getting the fly down in deeper flats
I – A full intermediate sinking tropical saltwater line
The core strength of this line is as follows:
- WF6 - WF7 = 30lb
- WF8 - WF9 = 40lb
- WF10 - WF12 = 50lb